General Paediatrics provides primary paediatric care services to children at all stages i.e. newborn, infant, childhood, teenage, adolescence etc. It provides enhanced high quality health care services to all children. Under this department, we have a team of highly skilled, academically qualified and experienced paediatricians to deliver top class health care to children.
NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (NICU)
The Department of Neonatology and NICU at Lily Hospitals has a formidable reputation now in NIgeria for its excellence in care as well as in academic pursuits. The Neonatal Unit at Lily Hospitals is one of the most advanced NICUs in the country (Level III B). The department has been involved in the growth of “Neonatal Intensive Care” for more than a decade in Nigeria and has been active in initiating and been part of many new neonatal practices in the country.
PAEDIATRIC EMERGENCY (PER)
Children and teens are special patients who need the expertise and care of nurses and physicians skilled in Paediatric care. Paediatric Emergency Room that has been functional for years at Lily Hospitals offers a cheerful, child-friendly environment created to make a child’s emergency room experience as positive and pleasant as possible. It is one of the first Paediatric Emergency choices in the state.
Functioning round the clock, the Paediatric Emergency Room is a place where healthcare professionals who are experienced in Paediatric care ensure that young patients receive the attention that is specifically tailored to their need in an environment that is equally sensitive to their unique medical and emotional needs.
The goal of the Paediatric Emergency Room is to provide high quality Emergency medical care in an efficient and highly professional manner.
Scope of Services
Outpatient consultations-varieties of paediatric general clinics and sub-specialty clinics
- Inpatient facilities
- Comprehensive health checkup
- Growth and developmental monitoring
- Lactation consultation & Baby friendly hospital Initiatives
- Weaning and Nutritional Clinic consultations
- Treatment of common pediatric ailments
- Management of chronic paediatric diseases- Nephrotic Syndrome, Cerebral palsy, Seizure disorder , etc
- Gastroenteritis, common viral and bacterial infections
- Pneumonia and other respiratory infections
- Asthma , sinusitis, otitis media adenoid hypertrophy and other upper respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections and management of urological problems in association with Paediatric Surgeons and Urologists.
- Tuberculosis and related complications
- Diagnosis and treatment of anemia and related disorders
- Screening of common metabolic problems including hypothyroidism and cystic fibrosis
- Management and screening of H1N1/Swine flu
- Treatment of mosquito borne infections like Malaria and Dengue fever