|Medical Professionals IVF BONANZA||Education and Training||Corporate|
|Lily Hospitals Resources…|
|Patient Care||Health Information|
- Longterm allergy reliefA review from the US Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research (AHRQ) analyzes evidence about specific allergen immunotherapy, including allergy shots.
- Low-intensity cognitive behavior therapy and depressionAn individual patient data meta-analysis analyzes CBT website impact on moderate versus mild depression.
- Ways of preventing postnatal depressionAn updated Cochrane review of 28 trials finds support interventions can help prevent postpartum depression.
- Vitamin and antioxidant supplementsA systematic review concludes that none of the supplements studied reduced the risk of developing or dying from cardiovascular disease.
- Lubricant shots for osteoarthritis in the kneesA systematic review of 89 trials finds adverse effects but no clinically important benefits of hyaluronic acid for osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Human skin grown in laboratorySkin grown in the laboratory could replace animals in drug and cosmetics testing, according to UK scientists.
- US seeks e-cigarette restrictionsThe US Food and Drug Administration is seeking minimum age restrictions and warnings on e-cigarettes because of uncertainties over their impact on health.
- Teen makes 'largest' cancer donationA cancer charity says it has received its largest ever individual donation after a teenager with terminal cancer raises more than £1.6m.
- Elderly care: 'Who will care for me?'Readers' experiences of elderly care
- Treats in moderation make kids happySeven-year-olds are happier when they are allowed sweets, snacks and television in moderation, suggests a study of children's well-being.